Topic: The VXer Phishtank

We are trapped here like a fishtank.

Registrations are disabled, no new user accounts can be made.

All that is left are us active users. We are observed without the intrusion of new users, without the ability to create new accounts, without the ability to keep ourselves anonymized.

VXHeavens has suffered much downtime and now a domain transfer over the last few months. For what reason? Is the website still being run by herm1t? How do we know a foreign government doesn't run it now?

Oh, another thing: I suggest making use of HTTPSEverywhere. When continuing from the main page to the forum, even if you loaded the main vxer.org page over HTTPS, it redirects you to the plain HTTP version of the form. Don't let your password be sniffed.

I'm not saying to stop using the website, but I'm advising you to be cautious. Don't make yourself a target, don't act like an idiot.

If any of the owners would like to chip in about why these recent changes have been made feel free, but I think for now I'm going ghost. See you all on the flip side.

My crime is that of outsmarting you, something you will never forgive me for.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by Yeniaul 2017-11-02 02:52:21)

Re: The VXer Phishtank

weebz wrote:

We are trapped here like a fishtank.
Registrations are disabled, no new user accounts can be made.
All that is left are us active users. We are observed without the intrusion of new users, without the ability to create new accounts, without the ability to keep ourselves anonymized.

This is kinda deep. Like... a large fishtank.  lol

weebz wrote:

I'm not saying to stop using the website, but I'm advising you to be cautious. Don't make yourself a target, don't act like an idiot.

Yes, because people have oodles of gain ahead of them if they get my password. Not saying this is a good idea in the first place, but still, what could possibly be that important? 60GB or so of malware behind a P2P network? The ability to post nonsense on the forum in hopes that 5 people or less will see it?

weebz wrote:

VXHeavens has suffered much downtime and now a domain transfer over the last few months. For what reason? Is the website still being run by herm1t? How do we know a foreign government doesn't run it now?

Why does it matter? Again, what would be gained? Dead malware and maybe a few edgy teens? The ability to make an example of us? And technically this is an illegal site, so a domain change is completely normal. Just look at TPB and the like. If you wanted better security from domain changes, government takeovers, etc. you shouldnt've joined a surface web VX site, now should you've?

I hate to say it, but TAKE YOUR DAMN PILLS.

I like to examine and theorize about everything, from Amazon's <quote> impenetrable </quote> ultravisor to autorun viruses (virii?) being technology's version of an STD (Slot Transmitted Disease).
I dabble in Python 2.x and non-stereotypical BATCH (x>50 lines). I also fuck up VMs from time to time.

┬──┬ ︵ /(.□. \)

Thumbs up Thumbs down